Welcome to the 2016 Catholic Social Services'
Archbishop's Christmas Benefit for Children
The Archbishop's Christmas Benefit for Children is an annual fundraising initiative that raises critically needed funds for the continuing support of programs that benefit children suffering from neglect, poverty, and continued abuse. The Archbishop's Christmas Benefit for Children raises money for a variety of programs including after school care, summer academic camps and shelters for women and children. The money raised during this Christmas appeal will help kids all year long!
Your support makes a difference.
The Archbishop’s Christmas Benefit for Children, an initiative of the annual Catholic Charities Appeal, supports the various efforts of Catholic Social Services (CSS). CSS has been tasked with providing children in the Greater Philadelphia region with the resources they need to learn and grow in a nurturing environment. Because of the many individuals and families who support this work, CSS was able to offer afterschool programming for 1,600 youth from grades K-12 this past year.
The Out of School Time (OST) programs of CSS allow children to have a safe, structured environment where they’re encouraged to pursue the dreams they seek. But when the school year comes to a close, many children are left without a place to go. OST Summer Camps are able to provide enriching activities for children to bridge the summer learning gap and take part in cultural and recreational programming.
Your contribution can make all the difference in a child’s life:
· EDUCATE: $500 - Provide educational supplies that make academic support possible at Out of School Time sites
· EXPLORE: $1000 - Adopt-a-Camper to help a child explore their world through 7 weeks of summer camp
· EXPERIENCE: $1,500 - Help a child “Experience Philadelphia” through a field trip to a local cultural arts venue
· PROTECT: $2,500 - Ensure the safety of youth at our programs with the purchase of appropriate security equipment
· CELEBRATE: $5,000 - Celebrate the joy of childhood by helping support the Annual Summer Picnic for Campers
Catholic Community Choir is a children's theatre organization that began in 2007. CCC actively serves over two hundred children in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia uniting music, the arts and our faith onto the stage.